If we talk about both a profile on social networks and content for a blog, photographs, info graphics and videos have become indispensable visual ingredients to attract more easily the attention of our online target.
Currently, videos with their images with movement and sound have monopolized a large share of screen on the Internet. Therefore it is not surprising that everyone wants to include them among their strategies and online content. Although it is not always easy to create one.
But, what would you think if I tell you that there is a simple way to give life to a photo by associating some of the main qualities of the videos?
Yes, you have heard me well … for some time we have a type of image file called GIF. “Animated GIFs” make it easier for us to associate the qualities of videos with a photo, to obtain moving images in a simpler format.
A GIF file (graphics exchange format) is, as its full name defines us, a file typology of photos that allows us to compress or transform several photos (or part of any video) into a single moving image.
With the great advances in technology and tools for graphic design, these funny animated GIFs from http://happydaysblog.com/category/gif/ or professionals we are talking about are now easier to design. But yes, we must have the right tools because not all give us the same benefits.
Advantages of using animated GIF or moving images?
The benefits of this multimedia content are wide, so I will show you only the 12 that I think are the most striking for a social media strategy, a blog or an online store:
- They allow us to attract the attention of our audience more easily.
- They make it easier to focus that attention in a specific place on our website.
- They are an ideal method to retain for a longer time and in a natural way, the attention of a potential client on a specific product of an online store (Ecommerce).
- They are an ideal visual complement to add to any of our posts.
- They easily illustrate a fragment of a guide or tutorial of our blog.
- Animated GIFs are a more striking way to show a product in action.
- These moving images allow us to point out the benefits of using a professional service.
- They could get to give a more original touch to an email from our email marketing campaign.
- They make the promotion banner get more clicks.
- In social networks, they capture the attention of our followers more easily.
- They get a higher virility (shared, I like, +1 or retorts) than the common photographs.
- It is so undeniable its importance today that even the powerful Facebook has recently had to cede and accept these types of files (animated GIF) on its platform.